Bill Morris is a Vice President, Leasing for the Mall and Large Format team in CBRE’s Retail Asset Services division. With experience spanning the retail real estate spectrum, Bill has developed specialty expertise in the leasing of outlet centers as well as lender-controlled malls and REOs. He brings extensive knowledge of ground-up developments in both malls and outlet formats. Bill has a reputation for maintaining strong and close working relationships with tenants. His involvement in project development, leasing and marketing of the centers provides a well-rounded understanding of what clients need to elevate their properties or reposition them to regain relevance.
With more than 30 years of retail leasing experience, Bill has a proven track record of devising and executing leasing strategies to achieve occupancy targets and desired tenant mix. His understanding of demographics, market drivers and the competitive landscape are key factors in guiding his clients toward their goals. Prior to joining CBRE, Bill was active in the outlet industry for the past eight years working on developments in Ft. Worth, Tulsa and Wichita, as well as several third-party outlets.
- MaceRich Company: Bill started his career with the Santa Monica REIT and was responsible for leasing four enclosed malls in the Southeast and Southwest.
- The MG Herring Group: As VP of Leasing, Bill was responsible for leasing seven ground-up developments and three major renovations including Park Plaza Mall in Little Rock, Arkansas. Park Plaza was a joint venture with Dillard’s that involved scraping the entire 300,000 sq. ft. property, relocating existing tenants and expanding the existing flagship Dillard’s.
- Kravco Company: As Director of Leasing, Bill was responsible for five third-party properties totaling 6.7 million sq. ft., with two undergoing major renovation. His team executed the expansion of King of Prussia Mall, a trophy asset with 2.5 million sq. ft. and eight department stores.
- Insignia ESG: As VP of Leasing, Bill grew the third-party mall platform from two to 12 regional enclosed malls. His clients included Lehman Bros., GE Capital, John Hancock and Trimont.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND ACCREDITATIONS
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) member – Certified Leasing Specialist (CLS)
- CCIM Candidate
- Licensed real estate broker in the state of Texas
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, majoring in Real Estate and Finance – University of Southern Mississippi