Senior Vice President
Lou Miranda joined CBRE in 2015 through its merger with UCR which he had been with since 2000. Prior to UCR and CBRE, he served as a Senior Associate with Trammell Crow Company National Retail Services in Dallas from 1997 to 2000 where he conducted both corporate real estate work throughout the United States and entrepreneurial local work. For Radio Shack, Lou executed and managed a 15 store $42 million national leasehold disposition program that yielded a 78% net cash flow recovery. He served on the real estate bankruptcy consultant team for Boston Chicken, which led to the disposition of approximately 220 properties during a one year period. He also procured and executed a major shopping center re-development in Fort Worth and helped secure Bed, Bath & Beyond and Michaels as anchor tenants. He conducted disposition and/or site selection programs for Blockbuster Entertainment, Borders, Peter Piper Pizza, Tricon Global Restaurants (Taco Bell and KFC), Payless ShoeSource and Target. Prior to the Trammell Crow position, he spent six years at an El Paso, Texas based commercial real estate firm focusing on local tenant representation and development services.
While at UCR, Lou became very involved in the DFW real estate market by handling brokerage requirements for a wide array of clients to include drug stores, fast food, school districts, junior anchors and big box retailers. His Notable accomplishments include the following:
- Eckerd site selection account, which produced 22 new sites during 2002-2004
- Disposition of $26 million Incredible Universe leasehold liability for Radio Shack
- Disposing of approximately 352,000 square feet of surplus Wal-Mart space during 2003-2004
- Executing retail tenant rep requirements and/or surplus property accounts for 7-Eleven, Gander Mountain, Big Lots, YUM Brands, Peter Piper Pizza, Qdoba, Burger King, OfficeMax, Firestone, Home Depot, Frost Bank, Lowe’s and AMC
- Handling site land acquisition accounts for Dallas ISD, Irving ISD and Dallas County Community College
He has expanded his geographic area of expertise into the southeastern United States where he serves as the exclusive tenant rep broker for Kohl’s Department Stores in Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Arkansas. Since 2006 Miranda has procured fourteen new locations for Kohl’s throughout his territory. Since 2008 Miranda has served as a real estate consultant for Lowe’s Companies Inc. throughout a regional area and is active in all Texas markets.
In addition to his traditional tenant representation and project brokerage work, Miranda utilizes his diverse experience and ability for the benefit of his clients by sourcing and executing shopping centers developments, repositioning/reletting shopping centers and closing land transactions for both buyer and sellers. Miranda has been in the top volume producer category for all Texas offices (Dallas, San Antonio & Austin) in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2012 and 2013 while being awarded the number one producer award in both 2003 and 2004.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS & ACCREDITATIONS
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Master of Business Administration – University of Texas at Austin
- Bachelor’s degree – Southern Methodist University; Dallas, TX