CBRE and CBRE | UCR Professionals Honored at Commercial Real Estate Awards Event
Dallas, Texas, April 13, 2015 – CBRE and CBRE | UCR received six awards at the Dallas Business Journal’s Best Real Estate Deals of 2014 event. The annual event honors the top commercial real estate professionals and projects in Dallas-Fort Worth from the previous year.
Five CBRE and CBRE | UCR professionals were honored as top brokers in their industries, taking four of the six top broker awards that were given, including:
- Dave Anderson, CBRE, Top Industrial Broker of the Year
- Jack Breard, CBRE | UCR, Top Retail Broker of the Year
- Jeff Ellerman, CBRE, Top Office Broker of the Year
- Dirk Goris and Ryan Reid, CBRE, Top Investment Sales Brokers of the Year
In addition, CBRE and CBRE|UCR professionals led two projects that were recognized with transaction awards, including:
- Best Community Impact Deal of the Year: Dallas Farmers Market, Jack Gosnell and Sasha Levine, CBRE | UCR
The redevelopment of the Dallas Farmer’s Market is leading the charge in revitalizing the southern section of downtown Dallas. With the changes coming to The Shed and The Market and surrounding office, retail and entertainment components, it is projected to draw three million visitors annually. When complete, it will once again be a central hub and give Dallas a true farmer driven market.
- Best Lease Renewal of the Year: Tenet Healthcare, Phil Puckett, Chris Herrmann, Harlan Davis and Ty Lee, CBRE
Tenet Healthcare, one of the largest healthcare companies in the U.S., made a big bet on downtown Dallas when they moved their world headquarters from Far North Dallas to downtown in 2008. Tenet’s long-term renewal and approximately 50,000-square-foot expansion at Fountain Place in 2014 cemented their commitment to downtown, making a long-lasting and positive impact on the downtown submarket.
“Creating great outcomes for our clients is our primary goal and these award winners do that every day,” said Michael Caffey, Executive Managing Director of CBRE’s Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas region. “I’m proud of each of them and am honored that we were chosen to work on these transactions that ultimately have a positive impact on our city.”